Welcome to Drawing 101!
First Class: September 6, 2013
from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
at The Living Gallery
After September 6, classes run from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
This course will be open to all skill levels,
ranging from complete beginners
to seasoned artists who might need a brushing up.
Course Description: To educate the ideas of drawing by learning to develop visual competence and skills in two-dimensional art through the use of line, value and color.
Developing skills in
- designing compositions (organization, placement and use of positive and negative space)
- producing still life and figure drawings from observation using value
- learning the use of various dry mediums (pencil, charcoal, colored pencils, pastels)
- gaining awareness and familiarity of visual elements and their relationships with one another (line, shape, value, scale, space, texture, proportion, perspective etc.)
- learning to critically assess the effectiveness of ones work and others
- Week 1: Introduction (open class)
- Week 2: Shapes & Perspective
- Week 3: Value & Color Theory
- Week 4: Still Lifes
- Week 5: Nature Drawing
- Week 6: Figure Drawing
- Week 7: Portraits
- Week 8: Hands & Feet
- Week 9: Fabric & Clothes
- Week 10: Open Class
At the end of this course, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your work in the gallery to celebrate your hard work and how far you’ve come through your artistic journey. You must come to at least 4 classes to be eligible to participate in the showing, so make it count! A viewing of the work will take place an evening after the full course has ended.
First Class: Donation Suggested
Each Class Following: $25
UPDATE: With our Introductory class just around the corner (next Friday!) bare in mind, this will most likely be an hour long intro just to give you all the inside scoop of what the class will offer, discuss the future of the class and include a couple of light drawing exercises to get started. Following the intro, the gallery will be hosting a BYO ART event at 6pm that I would encourage everyone to stick around for! Donation for the first class is suggested. I shall keep you all updated as the date approaches!